Turn to Our Office in Calgary for Tooth Extractions
While our main priority is treating and repairing broken or decayed teeth, sometimes the damage is so severe that an extraction is necessary. Advanced dental decay or periodontal disease puts you at a high risk of infection; therefore, in such extreme cases, removing the tooth is the most appropriate course of action. Abougoush Family Dental Care provides safe teeth extraction services in a sterile environment. At our office in Calgary, tooth extractions are performed with local and general sedation services administered by our general dentists. This allows us to eliminate pain and facilitate the removal process. Abougoush Family Dental also offers wisdom tooth removal procedures.
Why Would You Need a Tooth Extracted?
There are many reasons why you might need a tooth removed. At Abougoush Family Dental Care in Calgary, tooth extractions can be the solution for a number of issues including:
- Crowding – Sometimes a person has extra teeth that block new ones from coming in properly. This causes overcrowding, and teeth need to be extracted to make room.
- Baby teeth issues – When baby teeth don’t fall out, they may need to be pulled to make room for permanent teeth to come in.
- Orthodontics – If you’re being fitted for braces, some teeth may need to be extracted to create room for the teeth that are being straightened or realigned.
- Infection caused by medication – Certain medications weaken the immune system which in turn can cause your teeth to be more susceptible to infection. Infected teeth are extracted if they can’t be restored by other means.
- Tooth decay – Tooth decay can be addressed a number of different ways without extraction, but should those methods prove unsuccessful, an extraction may be necessary. Extracting decayed teeth keeps them from infecting the teeth near them.
Contact Us in Calgary for Tooth Extractions
If you have problematic teeth that you think require an extraction, contact Abougoush Family Dental Care in Calgary. Tooth extractions can be assessed and treated in our office. Just call us at 403-289-7370 with any questions or concerns you may have prior to your visit or during your follow-up care.