Options for Tooth Replacement
Until a few years ago, patients seeking tooth replacement only had one or two options. Today, there are multiple options available. Determining which is right for you comes down to comparing the pros and cons of each. The two most popular methods for tooth replacement are dental implants and dentures.
Why Dental Implants may be the Right Choice
There is no reason to go through life with missing teeth. While dentures used to be the go-to option for patients needing tooth replacement, today implants make more sense. When comparing dental implants vs. dentures, here are just some reasons implants come out on top:
- They are close to healthy, natural teeth. Implants are very strong and stable and they look, feel, fit and function like real teeth. They will not deteriorate bone or interfere with eating, smiling and drinking.
- They are a long-term solution. Dental bridges last five to seven years and dentures about the same. With implants you can enjoy them for a lifetime as long as you take care of them.
- No more worrying about teeth. Unfortunately dentures come with a lot of “accessories” and care needs. You have to clean them, soak them and be extra careful to not break or drop them in the process. Implants stay in your mouth like real teeth, which means you just need to brush and floss daily. You do not need extra accessories when you travel either.
- Better speech. Dentures may interfere with speech. Implants are permanent and made to fit like real teeth, so your speech is not impaired.
- No risk for cavities. With implants, they may function like real teeth, but they are not real teeth. That means you do not have to worry about cavities. However, you still need to visit your dentist regularly for checkups to make sure other natural teeth and your gums are healthy.
Exploring Your Options for Tooth Replacement?
If you are not sure which tooth replacement method is right for you, now is the time to speak with a dental professional. Do not assume your only means for replacing teeth is through dentures; you could be a candidate for permanent, natural-looking replacements.
Abougoush Family Dental in Calgary can assist you with your dental implants in Calgary. We make your tooth replacement procedure easy and comfortable. Schedule an appointment today. Give us a call at 403-289-7370 or contact us online.