Orthodontic Services for Calgary Residents at Abougoush Family Dental
Abougoush Family Dental offers orthodontic services to Calgary patients. We all wish we (and our kids!) had been born with perfect teeth. The truth is, however, that a perfect mouth is a rare find. Thankfully, the dentists at Abougoush Family Dental Care in Calgary focus on identifying orthodontic abnormalities and correcting them before they have a chance to make a lasting negative impact.
In addition to straightening teeth with braces, orthodontic services also serve to relieve the persistent pain that can accompany orthodontic problems. Abougoush Family Dental Care in Calgary treats a variety of orthodontic conditions, including the following:
- Open bites
- Crowded teeth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Facial or neck pain
- Speech problems
- Jaw popping, locking or clicking
- Spacing problems
Orthodontic Care in Calgary
You don’t need to travel outside of Calgary to get orthodontic care. Abougoush’s dental care clinic is located right in Calgary, and we’ll get to know your family’s dental history in order to handle the intricacies of maintaining your oral health, including your orthodontic health.
Together, at our Calgary office, we will determine the best course of action for your long-term orthodontic needs and recommend corrective tools customized to your exact needs. These appliances include, but are not limited to:
- Braces: Both traditional and invisible braces are the most common appliances for correcting misaligned teeth. Traditional braces consist of bands, wires, and brackets, which are fixed to the teeth and tightened on a monthly basis to gradually move teeth to their desired position.
- Removable Retainers: Typically used after braces are removed, retainers are worn on the roof of the mouth and consist of a metal wire which surrounds the teeth, preventing them from returning to their previous unaligned position.
- Aligners: As alternatives to traditional braces, aligners are being used by more and more orthodontists to correct teeth, with similar results as braces, without metal wires and brackets. Aligners are practically invisible, and are removed when eating, brushing, or flossing – making routine dental care a breeze.
- Palatal Expanders: These devices, consisting of a plastic plate worn over the roof of the mouth, are used to widen the arch of the upper jaw using outward pressure applied to the plate by screws.
- Lip/Cheek Bumpers: These are used to create extra space between the lip/cheeks and teeth in order to eliminate the risk of biting down and causing painful abrasions to the inside of your mouth.
The Importance of Early Orthodontic Treatment
While our offices treat both children and adults in Calgary, orthodontic ailments are much easier to treat earlier on. Bringing in your children and teenagers regularly and checking your children’s mouths for common problems like overbites will greatly increase their chances for successful treatment.
Misaligned jaws left untreated can lead to serious health problems, including headaches and difficulty breathing. In contrast, timely treatment in both children and adults can reduce the likelihood of gum and bone deterioration, which is the most prevalent cause of tooth loss in adults.
Ask About Our Orthodontic Services at Our Calgary Clinic
Call Abougoush Family Dental Care to find out about the orthodontic services offered through our Calgary clinic. Our Calgary dentists will examine your teeth and determine what course of action would best suit your situation. We also provide referrals to specialized orthodontists for more severe cases. Contact us today at 403-289-7370 to schedule your next appointment.